As per the Mississippi State Board of Optometry and state orders, we now have the option to resume routine eye wellness exams and yearly medical visits by appointment. Mississippi Eye Care clinics will resume routine visits effective immediately.
Prior to this point, we have fortunately been able to remain open throughout the COVID-19 pandemic thus far, seeing patients solely with urgent medical conditions and ocular emergencies. We will continue to take walk in emergencies but we ask that you please call before you come if at all possible.
From the State Board:
"The Mississippi State Board of Optometry, during a special telephonic called meeting held on April 17, 2020 discussed practitioners resuming normal practice at 8:00 a.m., April 28, 2020 unless the Governor extends Executive Order 1470. In the event optometrists choose to resume their normal optometric practice, inclusive of normally performed services, they must adhere to protocol advisories from the Mississippi Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and any other state or local ordinances which are in effect."
What we are doing
- Mississippi Eye Care clinics will resume routine visits while adhering to protocol advisories from the Mississippi State Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and other state or local ordinances in effect.
- At this time, we are taking the following measures:
- Resuming routine eye wellness exams and medical visits.
- Continuing walk-in emergency service (please call beforehand if possible).
- Scheduling appointments 30 minutes apart so that no more than two patients are in the building at a time.
- Asking patients to please not bring guests unless the patient is a minor or needs physical assistance.
- Asking patients to check local ordinances, as some cities have requirements for wearing a mask before entering any building.
- Doctors and staff working in seven-day shifts to minimize contact throughout our organization.
- Staff wearing PPE in the office.
- Offering curbside pickup for glasses.
- Offering free contact lens shipping to your home.
We also ask that patients make every effort to be on time for appointments or call if they are running late so that we can keep patients distanced from one another.
Thank you for your cooperation!